Blueberry And Butternut Squash Couscous Salad
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup raw couscous*
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, toss squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until tender, about 22 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broth to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, remove from heat and cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine squash, scallions, blueberries, cheese and couscous.
- Spread arugula on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- Add remaining dressing to couscous mixture; toss to combine.
- Serve over arugula.
- Number of servings (yield): 6
You can substitute any grain in place of the couscous, such as quinoa, farro, barley, wheatberries, rice, etc. Simply prepare your grain of choice according to the instructions on the back of the packaging. Follow the rest of the recipe as is.